Monday, February 25, 2013

Meal Plan Monday #1

March may not quite be here yet, but I decided that it'd be easier to start at the beginning of a week rather than on a week already in progress.

I get to plan the meals for the four of us. Ryli goes through random picky stages still. Landry will eat anything that he can get his hands on, with a bonus if Ryan is eating it as well. Ryan isn't picky, but particular. He has to have certain sides with certain entrees and sometimes, what I have planned just doesn't sound good to him the night of. I'll eat whatever everyone else is, within limits. I do make things I don't like for them as far as sides go, but entrees tend to be something we all like.

This week should be easy. We all love seafood, and with Lent being in full swing, most grocery stores are having sales. I've been trolling around the internet scooping up recipes that sound good and are mostly nutritious. The plan is simple: make a meal plan for the week where there will be lots of leftovers so that they can do double duty as lunches without much fuss. I also fully intend to make some snacks from Weelicious to cover snack time, because they are so good on so many fronts.

This is what I plan on making, if Ryan is agreeable to the list. I won't be doing the shopping until later today.

Breakfasts:
Steamboat Omelet (Cooks)
Eggs & Sausage
Oatmeal & Cereal
Lunches: 
Pizzas
Macaroni and Cheese
Turkey Hot Dogs
Leftovers
Entrees:
Tangy Beef Stroganoff (Once A Month Mom )
Perfect Pot Roast (The Pioneer Woman)
Slow Cooker Stout and Chicken Stew (Shine from Yahoo)
Miso Glazed Salmon (My Recipes) with Edamame Fried Rice (Once A Month Mom )
Clean Eating Broccoli Soup (Once A Month Mom) and sandwiches




For snacks, I plan on keeping it simple (cheap) and toasting up a batch of Cheerios in butter, worstechire sauce & seasoning salt, making a batch or three of Roasted Cinnamon Honey Chickpeas and some good old fruits and vegetables. Lunches will be backed up by leftovers. All in all, I think we have a winner, subject to the approval of Ryan. I'll let you all know how it went soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment